I tried installing software after downloading but I get an error message which says, "Installer integrity has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact installer's author to obtain a new copy."
This can be caused by anti-virus software. Also on Windows XP, this can sometimes be solved by temporarily disabling the windows firewall (or other firewall software.) This can also happen if a computer is infected with malware/viruses.
Here’s a list of troubleshooting steps:
- Update anti-virus software, run full scan.
- Run any other anti-malware softwares (we recommend MalwareBytes software.)
- Clear browser cache.
- Disable any installed download accelerator/managers.
- Temporarily disable anti-virus software.
- Temporarily disable windows firewall.
- Disable other firewall software (such as nVidia firewall installed on some machines.)
- Check hard drive integrity using scandisk.